The Psychological Significance of the Biblical Stories
15-Part Lecture series by Dr. Jordan B. Peterson
The Bible is a series of books written, edited and assembled over thousands of years. It contains the most influential stories of mankind. Knowledge of those stories is essential to a deep understanding of Western culture, which is in turn vital to proper psychological health (as human beings are cultural animals) and societal stability. These stories are neither history, as we commonly conceive it, nor empirical science. Instead, they are investigations into the structure of Being itself and calls to action within that Being. They have deep psychological significance. This lecture series, starting with the very first book, will constitute an analysis of that significance.
- Isabel Bader Theatre: Victoria University, 93 Charles St W, Toronto, ON M5S 2C7
- The theater is just east of the Museum Subway station.
- Parking meters along Charles Street West
- Charles Street West & St. Thomas Street
- Bloor Street (in between St. Thomas and University)
- Charles Street West and Bay Street
Lecture Start Time / Schedule
- 18:45-19:00 Doors open
- 19:30 Lecture begins
- 21:30 Lecture ends/Question period begins
- 22:00 Question period ends
Purchase Tickets to Upcoming Biblical Lectures
- All lectures are 30$ plus tax (33.90$)
- 50% off for students with a valid student ID (any educational institution) with discount code: studentdiscount
- Paying with the student discount requires a student ID to be shown with the ticket.
- All tickets purchased together will be shown on one ticket. If you would like a separate ticket to send to someone else, please make two separate orders. Thank you!
|Date Performed||Listen & Watch||Title|
|May 16||Listen on Podcast||Introduction to the Idea of God|
|May 23||Listen on Podcast||Genesis: Chaos and Order|
|May 30||Listen on Podcast||God and the Hierarchy of Authority|
|June 13||Listen on Podcast||Adam and Eve – Self-Consciousness, Evil and Death|
|June 20||Listen on Podcast||Cain and Abel – The Hostile Brothers|
|June 27||Listen on Podcast||The Psychology of the Flood|
|July 04||Listen on Podcast||Walking with God: Noah and the Flood|
|July 18||Listen on Podcast||The Phenomenology of the Divine|
|July 25||Listen on Podcast||The Call to Abraham|
|Aug 01||Listen on Podcast||Abraham: Father of Nations|
|Aug 08||Listen on Podcast||Sodom and Gomorrah|
|Aug 15||Listen on Podcast||The Great Sacrifice|