I spoke with Harvard’s Dr. Steven Pinker about the immense improvements in human living conditions that are now happening with amazing speed almost everywhere in the world — as detailed in his new book, Enlightenment Now (https://amzn.to/2jDwv7D) — a careful, clear-headed and data-driven defense of the rational/scientific worldview that helped make such improvement possible).
Dr. Pinker grew up in Montreal and earned his BA from McGill and his PhD from Harvard. Currently Johnstone Professor of Psychology at Harvard, he has also taught at Stanford and MIT. He has won numerous prizes for his research, his teaching, and his nine books, including: The Language Instinct (https://amzn.to/2JXZcai), How the Mind Works (https://amzn.to/2KEh77f), The Blank Slate (https://amzn.to/2jzXsZO), The Better Angels of Our Nature (https://amzn.to/2rnkqHF), and The Sense of Style (https://amzn.to/2wf5WyI).
He is an elected member of the National Academy of Sciences, a two-time Pulitzer Prize finalist, a Humanist of the Year, a recipient of nine honorary doctorates, and one of Foreign Policy’s “World’s Top 100 Public Intellectuals” and Time’s “100 Most Influential People in the World Today.” He is Chair of the Usage Panel of the American Heritage Dictionary, and writes frequently for The New York Times, The Guardian, and other publications.
12 Rules for Life Tour: https://jordanbpeterson.com/events/
- Maps of Meaning (New Audiobook out June 12th): Maps of Meaning Page
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos: https://jordanbpeterson.com/12-rules-…
- Self Authoring Suite: http://selfauthoring.com/
- Understand Myself personality test: http://understandmyself.com/
- Podcast: https://jordanbpeterson.com/jordan-b-…
- Reading List: https://jordanbpeterson.com/2017/10/g…
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jordanbpeterson